The death toll in clashes that rocked northeast Delhi over the past two days, has increased to 20, according to GTB Hospital authorities on Wednesday
Four more persons, brought to the hospital during the night, were declared dead, taking the toll to 20 so far.
Two more injured persons brought to the GTB hospital are said to be in critical condition.
Several parts of northeast Delhi witnessed sporadic incidents of stone-pelting and firing from country-arms, on Monday and Tuesday, leaving more than a hundred people injured. The dead include a police head constable and an assortment of civilians ranging from an autorickshaw driver to small businessmen.
Meanwhile, the situation is reported to be returning to normal in most of the violence-hit parts of the city.
After unprecedented violence in Delhi, prohibitory orders under Section 144 imposed in several parts of the national capital, will continue till further order, sources said on Wednesday.
Sources in the Delhi Police confirmed that the prohibitory orders which were imposed on Tuesday haven't been lifted as of now and status quo remains.
However, the police official refused to confirm anything about the shoot at sight orders.
According to sources, no officer in Delhi Police ordered for shoot-at-sight till now.
The clashes have been the fallout of conflict between supporters and opponents of the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act, which provides for citizenship to persecuted minorities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
with IANS inputs