Bollywood: 5 potential stars expected to hit bigtime in 2021
In spite of proving their talent these young actors are yet to find big success in Hindi cinema
They are young and raring to go. In spite of proving their talent they are yet to find big success in Hindi cinema. That may change sooner rather than later. The 5 super-talented semi-newcomers waiting to break through:
1. Mithila Palkar: She held her own with two of the finest contemporary actors Irrfan Khan and Dulquer Salman in Akarsh Khurana’s underrated Karwan. She now holds her own with two of the finest actresses of our country Tanve Azmi and Kajol in Renuka Shahane’s Tribhanga. What’s keeping Mithila Palkar from being noticed by and in Bollywood? Will Tribhanga do the trick for this bundle of sponteaneous charm?
2. Adarsh Gourav: I noticed him 4 years ago as Manoj Bajpai’s recalcitrant son in the little-seen film Rukh. He held his own admirably. Then I was dismayed to see him play bit roles in Deepa Mehta’s Leila and Sridevi’s last film Mom . In both his natural aptitudes were strangulated by the monstrous marginalization that has killed may promising careers. Would Adarsh discover the success he deserves after the author-backed central role in Ramin Bahrani’s The White Tiger? Adarsh would find it hard to break through into the international cinema with those culture-specific looks.But Bollywood should make a place for him.
3. Akshay Oberoi: From playing the sugary sweet lover-boy in Rajshri Productions’ Issi Life Mein to turning into a vicious drug peddler and pimp in the web series High, Akshay, cousin of Vivek Oberoi, has discovered a mean streak in his personality. He will now be seen as the antagonist in Subhash Kapoor Madam Chief Minister. To see the angelic loverboy turn into this leery lout, wonder what Sooraj Barjatya would say!
4. Siddhant Chaturvedi: He made a big impact as the rapper Sher Singh im Gully Boy. What happened to Chaturvedi after that? Industry folks tell me this promising newcomer was acting too high and pricey after Gully Boy and was letting Karan Johar take all his career decisions. Would Shakun Batra’s untitled film with Deepika Padukone turn the tide for Chaturvedi?
5. Amit Sadh: For a decade now Amit has been struggling to get out of the shadows. He has told me of the horrific humiliations he has suffered in this industry. But now the worst is behind Amit. He is all set to strike out this year with his portrayal of Major Deependra Singh Senger in Zid. Just goes to show, you can’t keep talent down for too long.