Roohi: 7 reasons why it must be seen in a movie theatre
Here are seven reasons why the upcoming Bollywood film Roohi should be seen in movie theatres
1. It is the first big-budget film of the year, and not a carryover from another time being revived to cash in on the current famine of movies for release. Roohi is a full-blown big-screen experience.
2. The last film in theatres before the lockdown was Angrezi Medium from the same producers Dinesh Vijan of Maddock films. Sources close to Vijan say, “There was never any question of releasing Roohi on any platform except the big screen.”
3. Janhvi who plays a chudail closely studied the behaviour of several women in Hollywood films possessed by the devil. She was particularly taken up with Linda Blair’s demoniacal performance in the horror classic The Exorcist.
4. Those who have seen the film are falling off their chair laughing as the two guys in the film Rajkummar Rao and Varun Sharma fall in love with Janhvi and the chudail inside her, respectively.
5. Janhvi’s last release Gunjan Saxena was a big hit on the OTT platform. Roohi is her third release and audiences see her as a young actor who chooses not just commercially viable films with a superstar-costar where she has nothing to do(Sarah Ali Khan, please note) but films that are potential hits and have a substantial role for her.
6. Finally a film in movie theatres that the audience finds interesting. Roshan Singh,a prominent movie exhibitor from Bihar says, “All the films during the last one year that interested the audience went to the OTT. Roohi is the first film in the theatres that interests the audience.”
7. Rajkummar Rao has already scored Stree in the horror-comedy genre. He feels Roohi has the potential to be as big as Stree.