All 119 judges flunk promotional examination in Gujarat

None of the 119 Judges and none of the 1372 practising lawyers was able to crack the promotional examination for 40 posts as district judges. Gujarat High Court announced the result as NIL on Monday

Bar council logo
Bar council logo

NH Web Desk

In Ahmedabad, none of the 119 Judges and none of the 1372 practising lawyers was able to crack the promotional examination for 40 posts as district judges. Gujarat High Court announced the result as NIL on Monday.

51 judges out of the 119 officers who failed are heading court establishments across Gujarat, according to The Times Of India. The officials work either as principal judges or chief judicial magistrates.

According to The Times Of India, senior judges promoted district judges to fill up 65% of the posts of district judges, according to the High Court norms. From the remaining 35% posts, 25% posts are filled by candidates chosen by the bar and the remaining 10% posts from the feeder cadre of additional district judges.

Out of the 40 vacancies, 26 posts had to be filled by successful candidates who are practising lawyers. 494 candidates are chosen for the examination after an online exam by the high court.

119 judges from the feeder cadre competed for the 10% quota vacancies in the examination conducted on August 4.

HD Suthar, registrar general of the high court, told The Times of India that not a single candidate among the 494 advocates could score the minimum marks in the written examination.

For all the latest India News, Follow India Section.