Bulandshahr violence: Cops recover phone of Subodh Singh from home of accused

UP Police on Saturday, January 26, had recovered the mobile phone of police inspector Subodh Kumar Singh from the house of the accused who had allegedly shot him dead

NH Web Desk

The UP Police on Saturday, January 26, had recovered the mobile phone of police inspector Subodh Kumar Singh from the house of the accused who had allegedly shot him dead, reported ANI. Subodh Kumar Singh was killed during mob violence in Bulandshahr in last month.

“The mobile phone of the deceased policeman Subodh Kumar Singh has been found from the house of Prashant Natt,” said Bulandshahr Superintendent (City) Atul Srivastav. Natt was arrested on December 27. He is suspected to have snatched Singh’s revolver and shot him in the head.

“Information was received through sources about the location of the mobile phone of Subodh Kumar Singh,” said Srivastav. “We have recovered the phone after a search operation at the location.”

According to a report on News18, a SIT conducted the search after the chief judicial magistrate court issued a warrant. Srivastav said five other mobile phones were also found at Natt’s house and all the phones have been sent to a forensic laboratory to find more leads. Srivastav added that the police were still looking for the gun that was used to shoot Singh.

Subodh Kumar Singh and a 20-year-old , Sumit, were killed when a mob attacked policemen after cattle carcasses were allegedly found in the fields in Mahaw village on December 3. Bajrang Dal activist Yogesh Raj, the main accused in the violence, was arrested on January 2. The police had earlier had also arrested another key accused, Kalua, who had allegedly attacked Singh with an axe.

So far, over 35 people have been arrested in connection with the violence, including Army jawan Jeetender Malik, Prashant Natt and Kalua, who had attacked Subodh Singh with an axe, the police said.

For all the latest India News, Follow India Section.