Check List: Prime Minister from the ramparts of the Red Fort between 2014-2020 on the Independence Day
The more important announcements made by Prime Minister Modi on the last seven Independence Days. Compiled by R.S. Shukla
• There should be a moratorium on the cancer of casteism and communalism for at least 10 years
• Good Governance is the key to Development
• PM Jan Dhan Accounts will allow the poor to have bank accounts
• Our mission is Skill Development and Skilled India
• Boost to manufacturing for creating employment
• We will tell the world, ‘Come, Make in India’
• Our dream is to have a Digital India for the poor within the next four years
• Swachh Bharat Mission will be launched on October 2 and completed in the next four years
• Next year on August 15, we must ensure that there is no school in India without separate toilets for boys and girls
• A new scheme of ‘Sangsad Adarsh Gram Yojana’ will be launched
• The Planning Commission will be replaced by a new body
• We have launched a scheme under which citizens can pay just one Rupee a month and for Rs 12 per annum get insured under the PM Insurance Scheme
• The Government has simplified 44 labour laws into four simplified codes so that even the most illiterate worker can read and understand his rights
• We have launched the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme to reach subsidies directly to LPG consumers and eliminated the middlemen
• On the very first day in Government, we constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Black Money under the guidance of the Supreme Court of India
• Now nobody will dare send Black Money out of the country
• We are determined to promote Start-ups. Therefore Start Up India and Stand Up India will be two pillars for the future
• By the year 2022 we will ensure that no Indian remains homeless. Everybody receives 24-hour uninterrupted supply of electricity. Equality and harmony must rule and nobody should be left behind
• Good Governance must prevail from panchayats to Parliament and every democratic institution •
We have identified 1,700 obsolete laws, 1200 of which have been already scrapped by Parliament
• We have also launched a crop insurance scheme to benefit farmers
• My dream is to double the income of farmers by 2022
• Our Ease of Banking ranking has dramatically improved and today India is the favourite destination of foreign investors.
• Violence will have no place in our journey
• Another scheme we are launching will enable the poor to avail of health insurance up to one lakh Rupees every year
• The solution to Kashmir will not be found either through ‘Goli’ or ‘Gaali’. It will come by embracing every Kashmiri
• Violence in the name of faith is not acceptable
• Demonetisation has led to significant success. Black Money has been forced to come out.
• We will build an India in which farmers’ income will double by 2022
• It has been decided to raise the Minimum Support Price (MSP) to farmers by one and a half times. By the 75th anniversary of Independence, agriculture will be modernised
• Our mantra is ‘Sab Ka Saath, Sab Ka Vikas’ with no discrimination and no nepotism or favouritism
• The country will have to be rid of malnutrition
• Within 70 days of the new Government taking charge, we have done away with Article 370 and 35A, something which could not be done in 70 years
• We will accord priority to Jal-Jeevan Mission
• We need to promote Ease of Living, which is a necessity in Independent India
• Within five years our economy has grown from two trillion dollars to three trillion dollars. In the next five years every Indian must dream of an economy that will grow to five trillion dollars.
• It is a matter of pride that this Government has not only ensured growth but also kept inflation under control.
• In the midst of the pandemic 130 Crore Indians have resolved to become ‘Atma Nirbhar’ (Self-reliant)
• Independent India must be ‘Vocal for Local’ and applaud local products.
• International business is looking at India as a potential centre in their supply chain. Therefore, along with Make In India, we will have to promote Make For The World
• Rs 110 lakh Crore will be spent on the National Infrastructure Pipeline Project.
• We will create economic clusters in villages, a network of village industries
• Every Indian will receive a Health ID card.
• In the next 1000 days the work on connecting six lakh villages with optical fibre cable will be completed
Published: 13 Aug 2021, 9:31 AM