Congress promises unemployment allowance of ₹5000 per month to graduates in Delhi
The INC manifesto for Delhi promises a strong Lokpal, rationalisation of Metro fare and making Delhi the first electric vehicles hub in the country
Unemployment allowance of ₹5000 per month to graduates and ₹7,500 to post-graduates is among the most prominent promises made in the Congress manifesto ahead of the Delhi Assembly election scheduled to take place on February 8. The manifesto was released on Sunday.
These are some of the other pledges made in the manifesto:
- A strong Lokpal in the first six months.
- Allocation of ₹1000 Crore for start-ups in Delhi every year.
- 25% of Delhi’s budget to fight pollution.
- Industrial power tariff at the rate of six Rupees per unit.
- Domestic rates to be charged from professionals working from residential areas.
- Green cover, which increased from 6% to 20% under the chief ministership of Sheila Dikshit to be increased to 30%.
- Metro Rail tickets to be subsidised for students, women and senior citizens.
- 15 thousand electric buses to augment the DTC fleet.
- Cash-back for conserving water and electricity.
- An Arts University.
- Right to Quality Education.
- Coaching fees for Economically Weaker sections.
- 10 super specialty hospitals in the next five years.
- Delhi to be made an electric vehicle hub.
- All temporary safai karmacharis to be made permanent.
Several measures have been pledged for safety and empowerment of women, minorities and the Scheduled Castes.