Maharashtra CM announces ‘Fever Clinics’ for those with cough, cold and fever
In an address on Wednesday the Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray explained that the state government was conducting a door-to-door survey and tests, without waiting for patients to turn up
In a 24-minute address to the state on Wednesday, Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray announced the start of ‘Fever Clinics’ to treat people suffering from cold, cough and fever. Announcing the launch of these clinics in all divisions of the state, he appealed to the people with these symptoms to approach these clinics first and not rush to hospitals.
At the Fever Clinics, patients will be classified with mild, moderate and severe symtoms along with high BP and kidney ailments.
The salient points of the CM’s address were:
- We are starting ”Fever Clinics” for those with cough, cold and fever. The locations will be announced soon. Those with these symptoms should not go to other hospitals but only to these clinics to be launched in all divisions.
- Here, the patients will be examined will be directed for further treatment. Patients will be categorised into three sections, those with mild, moderate and severe symptoms along with other factors like high BP and kidney ailments.
- · There will be doctors at all three places, but the third facility will have experts to deal with allied ailments like those of the kidney.
- · This is because, if a COVID patient goes to a normal hospital, it affect the entire facility. We are taking care to prevent person-to-person transmission.
- Numbers are increasing, but we must understand the reasons. This is because we have launched door-to-door surveys, we do not wait for patients to come. We have increased tests in Mumbai and Pune and wherever possible.
- We are planning to use rapid test kits, but they need to be approved. The same approvals are needed for PPE kits and ventilators. Once the rapid test kits are accredited and available, we will get many of them.
- I am making a special appeal to retired military men who have served in the medical corps, retired nurses and ward boys, and those who have completed training as nurses and ward boys but have not been placed in hospitals.
- I know you are tired of sitting at home, I know you are facing inconvenience. I would like to apologise for the same, but there is no other option, weapon or medicine except staying at home to stay safe.
- Ensure a happy environment at home. My request to news and entertainment channels is please show programs which can relieve tension.
- Sometimes, you must be doing casual eating when at home. I do not want to restrict your diet, but those who suffer from diabetes, hypertension, obesity, are above 60 years of age, must take care, are in the high risk group and must take care.
- Stay at home, and stay healthy. Exercise if you can at home. We will surely win this battle, but the next global war to be fought will be on the economic front, and we need to show our courage and patience even then and have the physical and mental strength for that too.