Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election: “80 vs 20 battle," says Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath

The CM said that 80% of the state would vote for “nationalism, good governance and development”. The other 20% population, he said, are “supporters of mafias and criminals, anti-farmer and village”

UP CM Yogi Adityanath (IANS)
UP CM Yogi Adityanath (IANS)
user

NH Web Desk

While answering a question about Brahmin votes in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the state will have an “80 vs 20 battle”, reported NDTV.

He went on to say that 80% of the state (implying the Hindu population) would vote for “nationalism, good governance and development”. The other 20% population (implying the Muslims), he said, are “supporters of mafias and criminals, anti-farmer and village”.


NDTV pointed out that this wasn’t the first controversial remark made by the CM, who has been targeting Muslims by using phrases like “people who say abba jaan”. The CM has also been targeting the previous Samajwadi Party government, headed by Akhilesh Yadav, alleging that they participated in appeasement politics.

Uttar Pradesh elections will be conducted in seven phases, from February 10-March 7.

Click here to join our official telegram channel (@nationalherald) and stay updated with the latest headlines