Union Minister Prakash Javadekar on Saturday said that not a single bomb blast took place in the country for in last 6 years.
“Not a single bomb blast in the country in the last 6 years. This has not happened just like that, but due to strong measures taken by PM Narendra Modi, said Prakash Javadekar.
Contrary to his claims, the Pulwama attack took place on February 14, 2019, which killed around 40 CRPF jawans. And various reports say that India, in fact, saw many blasts from 2016-19. Pulwama just happens to be the most recent one.
According to a report in Economic Times, India had the highest number of blasts in the world during 2016-2018.
In 2017, there were 337 Improvised Explosive Devices blasts in India, according to the National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) journal 'Bombshell'.
In 2015, there were 268 IED blasts, and 190 blasts in 2014, 283 blasts in 2013 and 365 in 2012. Iraq witnessed 221 IED blast incidents, the second-highest last year. Pakistan was in third place with 161 IED blasts. About 132 IED blasts took place in Afghanistan, 92 in Turkey, 71 in Thailand, 63 in Somalia and 56 in Syria. In the year 2015, Iraq witnessed 170 IED blasts, Pakistan 208, Afghanistan 121, Iraq 170 and Syria 41. States across the country which suffered the highest number of IED blasts in 2018 were Chhattisgarh-60, Jammu and Kashmir-31, Kerala-33, Manipur-40, Odisha-29, Tamil Nadu-32, and West Bengal-30.
Union Minister was trolled heavily on social media for his false claims with twitterati asking what happened in Pulawama?
Here’s a compilation of the reactions over his statement: