Who after all is Armaan Kohli?
Armaan Kohli is the son actress Nishi who played the lead in over 70 Hindi and Punjabi films, and filmmaker Rajkumar Kohli who made hit films starring Reena Roy like Nagin and Jaani Dushman
Star-son Armaan Kohli who was arrested last week for drug possession is no stranger to brushes with the law. In 2018 he was arrested for abusing a fashion designer. Violent behaviour under the influence is the norm with Kohli. And to think he was at one time seen as the Next Best Thing. Here’s all you need to know about Armaan Kohli.
1. Armaan Kohli is the son actress Nishi who played the lead in over 70 Hindi and Punjabi films, and filmmaker Rajkumar Kohli who made hit films starring Reena Roy like Nagin and Jaani Dushman. He made his debut as a child artiste in his father Rajkumar Kohli’s film Badle Ki Aag in 1982 . Loving father launched Armaan as a leading man in Vidrohi which was flop. Papa re-launched Armaan in Dushman Zamana. That too flopped.
2. In 1992 director Raj Kanwar offered Armaan the male lead in Deewana opposite the late Divya Bharti. Armaan shot for one schedule of the film and was then asked to quit because of his volatile behaviour. An unknown wannabe actor named Shah Rukh Khan was then signed for the role Armaan was to play. The rest was history.
3. In 1995 Aditya Chopra offered Armaan the role of Kajol’s Punjabi fiancé in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Armaan refused explaining that he did only lead roles. He forgot to mention that the only lead roles he was being offered were in his father’s film. Among them Aulad Ke Dushman where Shatrughan Sinha in the title role played Armaan’s indulgent father pampering every whim of his son, was closest to Armaan’s own life.
4. In 2002 Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahaani Armaan was launched once again as a leading man. This time he was given a new name Munish Kohli which didn’t help much. This sequel of sorts to Raj Kumar Kohli’s 1979 hit Jaani Dushman was a massive flop. In 2018 Armaan made his debut as a villain in Sooraj Barjatya’s Prem Ratan Dhan Payo on Salman Khan’s recommendation. But he got no further offers, his reputation preceding him.
5. In 2013 Armaan was a part of Bigg Boss where he became very close to Kajol’s sister Tanisha Mukherjee . He was accused of physical violence in Bigg Boss. When I confronted him with the charge he told me with a straight face, “That’s not the way I’ve been brought up. To hurt a woman in any way is not acceptable to my family values.” I rest my case.