Twitter jokes on the Mahabharata in Maharashtra
Despite the grim and sordid details coming out of Maharashtra, there have been jokes aplenty on Twitter, sparing nothing and nobody
But that sobering thought did little to restrain the funny bones on Twitter, who went to town, making fun of everything and everyone, from the judiciary to the politicians. Here is a sample:
* In all fairness SC should order that the CM’s post will be rotated as follows for one year each:
5. Governor’s rule or Reliance
Nobody should be denied fairness & justice in the highest court.
· India is the only country which has no problem with political party spending crores in buying MLAs but has problem with students getting Subsidised education and women getting free transport.
· Supreme Court judge ka Padosi: Ghar mein aag lagi hai, ek baalti paani de do
Supreme court ka judge: Decision to give one bucket of water or not will be announced at 10:30am tomorrow.
· Last chance for BJP Maharashtra MLAs. Resign from BJP, join NCP. BJP will give you Rs 200 Crores to join them again. Limited time offer.
· Fadnavis believed Ajit Pawar was corrupt. Then he got inside info that Pawar was innocent & the cases would be dropped. Fadnavis felt ashamed that he had attacked an innocent man. To make up for it, he invited Pawar to be his deputy. This is the highest form of political morality.
· Governor's action cannot be questioned by the courts.
Prime Minister's action cannot be questioned by courts. President's action cannot be questioned by the courts.
Our Constitution framers clearly didn't factor in the venality of India's politicians.
· Gujarati Twitter too is catching up with witty memes. One says “A gang stealing legislators caught in Maharashtra”
· It took less than 10 hours for:
1.Governor to verify support for BJP
2.Fadnavis to be called to form govt.
3.Remove President’s Rule.
4.Swearing-in of the CM.
But the SC needs 24 hours simply to declare whatever order it wishes to.
· There was this thought-provoking tweet, not funny at all, from the daughter of incarcerated former J & K chief minister Mehbooba Mufti: “ Congress, NCP & SS fuming about a 24 hour delay / intentional reprieve given by SC to BJP. Now imagine sense of helplessness & anger Kashmiris feel about SC dithering & dragging its feet on brutal restrictions in J&K since 112 days. First they came for us now it’s your turn
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Instagram
Join our official telegram channel (@nationalherald) and stay updated with the latest headlines