Ignore ‘terrible twins’: Derek O’Brien, deport Amit Shah, say others
Once back in power, BJP would impose NRC ( National register of Citizens) and throw out each infiltrator, declared Amit Shah in Darjeeling, following which he was ruthlessly trolled on Twitter
Deport Amit Shah to Iran to start with, said a Twitter user on Thursday, referring to the migration of people from Iran to Gujarat. Others were less subtle. “Amit Tukde Tukde Shah” tweeted a few referring to his statement made in an election rally in Darjeeling.
“We will remove every single infiltrator from the country, except Buddha, Hindus and Sikhs," he was quoted as saying by BJP’s official Twitter handle.
“Didn't know #Buddha was an infiltrator who is now being exempted from deportation under NRC!” tweeted CPI(ML) General Secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya with his tongue firmly in cheek.
While a few wondered how the Election Commission was allowing both Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Amit Shah to get away after making such divisive, communal, unconstitutional and provocative statements, at least one Twitter user sarcastically said that at least Shah is being honest!
“This is honesty. No rubbish about development, fighting corruption, creating jobs. Just bare, brutal hatred and bigotry.,” she tweeted.
A few other comments on Twitter were :
- Feel sorry for Parsis, if they had tried entering Gujarat as refugees today!
- I hope those of you who dismiss this warning as far-fetched, alarmist, and 'biased' when it comes from journalists and writers, will pay attention when it comes from Amit Shah.
- Referring to the tweet from BJP’s official handle, a Twitter user took a swipe at BJP’s IT Cell chief Amit Malviya and tweeted: a) Amit Bhai can't tell difference between Buddha & Buddhists b) this statement clearly tells Muslim minorities in Myanmar & Muslims in India too that They would be treated as 'infiltrators' while non-Muslims are welcome.
- Quick question Chowkidar @AmitShah sir, will Parsis also be thrown out in #NewIndia? What about atheists? Asking for friend. thanks in advance.
- Rajya Sabha MP and Trinamool Congress leader Derek O’Brien reacted by saying, “ Dear Young India (& not so young India) Terrible Twins (Jumla Jodi) deliberately make communally divisive statements every day. Suggestion: Ignore. Stay on main conversation: jobs,farmer distress, under-performing economy & destruction of institutions. Save the Constitution.”
- Narendra Modi
- Amit Shah
- Election Commission
- Dipankar Bhattacharya
- 2019 Lok Sabha election
- Derek O Brien