Congress names Charanjit Singh Channi as next Punjab CM: All you need to know about new CM
A day after Captain Amarinder Singh resigned from the post of Punjab Chief Minister, Congress central leadership on Sunday named Charanjit Singh Channi to succeed him
A day after Captain Amarinder Singh resigned from the post of Punjab Chief Minister, Congress central leadership on Sunday named Charanjit Singh Channi to succeed him.
Caption for the top post.
The choice of Charanjit Singh Channi as leader of the Congress' legislature party in Punjab, and the head of its government, was confirmed by state-in-charge Harish Rawat.
Harish Rawat took to Twitter and wrote, “Charanjit Singh Channi has been unanimously elected as the Leader of the Congress Legislature Party of Punjab.
During the Amarinder Singh-led government, Charanjit Singh Channi headed three departments--tourism and cultural affairs, technical education and industrial training and employment generation.
Let’s know more about the new Punjab CM
• Charanjit Singh Channi was the former Minister of Technical Educational & industrial Training in the Punjab government.
• He is the MLA from the Chamkaur Sahib Assembly Constituency.
• He belongs to the Ramdasia Sikh community and was appointed as cabinet minister in Capt. Amrinder Singh cabinet, Punjab on 16 March 2017 at the age of 47.
• He is the 3rd time MLA from Chamkaur Sahib Constituency & was Minister of “Technical Education & Industrial Training” in Amarinder Singh’s Cabinet.
• Channi joined Congress in December 2010 with Amarinder’s help.
• He is the first schedule caste chief minister selected by the Congress high command.