Congress launched a protest at all district headquarters in Rajasthan against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s alleged "conspiracy to murder democracy" on Saturday.
1. Congress held protests in Rajasthan against BJP's alleged "conspiracy to murder democracy"
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also accused the BJP of a conspiracy to bring down party government in Rajasthan and said the state Governor should call an assembly session so that the truth comes out before people.
2. Rahul Gandhi accused BJP of a conspiracy to topple the Rajasthan government
Rahul Gandhi's remarks have come amid a factional fight in the state Congress between camps led by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and former Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot.
3. Rahul Gandhi said that the Governor should call an assembly session
Governments are formed and run on the basis of people's mandate, said Rahul.
The country is ruled according to the law and constitution, said the Congress leader.
With the political crisis deepening in Rajasthan, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi alleged that BJP’s conspiracy to topple the Ashok Gehlot-led government is clear.
4. The Government's are formed and run on the basis of people's mandate
Rahul Gandhi also said that, "this is an insult to 8 crore people of Rajasthan. The governor must call Assembly session so that the truth comes before the country,”
5. This is an insult to 8 crore people of Rajasthan, said Rahul
The Ashok Gehlot camp, which has been facing a political crisis in the state, yesterday held a five-hour sit-in outside the Raj Bhavan asking Governor Kalraj Mishra to call a session of the Assembly for a floor test.Rajasthan CM alleged that governor was not calling the Assembly session due to "pressures from the top"
6. Ashok Gehlot said, the governor was not calling the assembly session due to "pressures from the top"
Following the protest, the governor assured that he will go by the constitutional provisions on summoning an Assembly session.
Later, the governor sought a reply on the six points from the Gehlot government, including about the reason to call a session of the Assembly for a floor test, a statement from the Raj Bhawan said.
7. Governor asked for the reason to call a session of the Assembly
Senior congress leader Kapil Sibal slammed the BJP for the attempts to topple the Rajasthan government and murder of the democracy
8. Kapil Sibal slammed BJP for attempt to topple the elected government in Rajasthan
Congress spokesperson Pawan Khera also made sharp attacks on the BJP and demanded resignation of Union minister allegedly involved in the attempts of horse trading of the MLAs
9. Pawan Khera also slammed the BJP for the attempts of horsetrading of MLAs
While the whole matter is in Supreme Court , Congress will continue demonstrations against BJPs undemocratic practices
10. Congress will continue demonstrations against BJPs undemocratic practices