Congress launched an aggressive protest all over the nation against the insensitive hike in fuel prices by the government over last 22 days
1. Congress launched nationwide protest against the insensitive petroleum hike
The protest raised the issue of cruel price hike not only on the roads in the form of dharnas but also an extensive online campaign was also run by the party where all big leaders and lakhs of party workers and members raised the issue on various social media platforms
2. Congress organised dharnas and agitations across all states and also held an online campaign
Party leaders questioned the central government over the issue of exorbitant hike in petrol and diesel prices in the #speakupIndia campaign
3. Senior leaders raised issues of exorbitant hike through social media
In many cities congress workers used bullock carts and rikshaws to show the challenges the common man is facing due to the rise in petroleum prices
4. Congress workers used alternative transport options to show the hardships of common man
Members of the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee were detained by police during protest against the continuous price hike in fuel prices amid COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Several Congress workers were detained by police during the protest.
Many Congress workers, protesting against the continuous hike in fuel prices, were also detained in Ahmedabad .
6. In Ahmedabad also the Congress workers were detained.
In Bengaluru, Congress leader and former Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah rode a bicycle from his residence to Minsk Square, to participate in the party's protest against the hike in fuel prices.
7. Congress leader and former Karnataka CM rode a bicycle from his residence to Minsk Square
The Congress will intensify the protests in the coming week against the rising prices of petrol and diesel in the country. Congress MPs, MLAs and leaders also submitted memorandums to President Ram Nath Kovind demanding a withdrawal of the hikes.
8. Congress has demanded withdrawal of the petroleum hikes
The protests by the Congress included dharnas in front of central government offices across the country following social distancing protocols, under the auspices of PCCs and DCCs.
9. Congress leaders have been raising issue of skyrocketing petroleum price hike
Congress president had also written to the Prime Minister demanding a roll back in the prices calling it insensitive and unnecessary
10. Sonia Gandhi had written to the Prime Minister demanding a roll back of prices