Electricity bill waiver, 20 lakh govt jobs: Here’s what Priyanka promises if Congress comes to power in UP
Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi on Saturday promised farm loan waiver, 20 lakh govt jobs and electricity bill waiver during pandemic if her party is voted to power in UP in upcoming assembly elections
Ahead of the Uttar Pradesh assembly election 2022, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday promised farm loan waiver, 20 lakh government jobs and electricity bill waiver during pandemic if her party is voted to power in Uttar Pradesh in the upcoming assembly elections.
Earlier, Priyanka flagged off three 'Pratigya Yatras' from Barabanki to take to the people various resolutions adopted by the party ahead of the state polls. All three yatras will take different routes each - Barabanki to Bundelkhand, Saharanpur to Mathura and Varanasi to Rae Bareli. These yatras will be conducted between October 23 to November 1.
Addressing the crowd gathered at Barabanki, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra announced farm loan waiver, 20 lakh government jobs, electricity bill waiver during pandemic, and a compensation Rs 25,000 thousand for Covid-19 victims if Congress is voted to power in UP.
Here’s what all Priyanka Gandhi Vadra pledged if Congress comes to power in UP:
• Will give smartphones to Class 12 girls, and scooty to graduate girl students.
• We will waive all the loans of farmers. We have shown that the loans of 72 thousand crores have been waived earlier.
• Like Chhattisgarh, we will fix wheat and paddy prices at Rs 2500 in UP. The support price of sugarcane will be Rs 400 per quintal.
• We will completely waive the electricity bill during the time of Covid-19 pandemic, as well as halve everyone's electricity bill.
• Will give financial assistance of Rs 25,000 to poor families who were unable to earn during the Corona period.
• We will work to provide 20 lakh government jobs in the state and will also work to regularise contractual workers.