Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi slammed the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh over the alleged suicide by a farmer in Muzaffarnagar
1.Priyanka Gandhi slammed the BJP government over farmer's suicide
Priyanka Gandhi said that the Yogi Adityanath dispensation now does not mention a word about the non-payment of dues to sugarcane farmers.
2. Yogi Adityanath is silent in non-payment of dues to sugarcane farmers
The farmer committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Muzaffarnagar district allegedly due to non-procurement of his sugarcane produce amid the coronavirus-induced lockdown, according to his family.
3. The farmer committed suicide due to non procurement of produce
The suicide triggered a protest by farmers who demanded that a case be registered against sugar mill officials for failure to procure sugarcane from farmers.
4.The suicide triggered a protest by the farmers
Tagging a media report on the incident, Priyanka Gandhi tweeted, "Seeing his sugarcane crop drying in the field and not getting the slip, a sugarcane farmer from Muzaffarnagar committed suicide."
5. Priyanka Gandhi tweeted about the suicide and questioned the government
The BJP claimed that full payment would be given in 14 days, but the sugar mills have been closed with payment worth thousands of crores of rupees still due, she said.
6. Payment worth thousands of crores of rupees is still due: Priyanka Gandhi
"I had brought it to the notice of the government two days ago. Imagine the plight of these sugarcane farmers' families not getting their dues during this financial crisis.
7. I had brought the matter to notice two days ago:Priyanka
But now the BJP government does not even mention a word about the payment of sugarcane dues within 14 days," the Congress general secretary in charge of UP East said.
8. The government does not even mention about the payments:Priyanka
PRIYANKA GANDHI HAS BEEN RAISING THE CONCERNS OF THE FARMERS, SHE HAD EARLIER WRITTEN A LETTER TO THE UP GOVERNMENT TO TAKE UP THE ISSUES OF THE FARMERS
9. PRIYANKA HAS BEEN RAISING CONCERNS OF THE FARMERS
Farmers have been badly hit by the lockdown as they are not able to sell their produce due to the mismanagement in the mandis
10. Farmers have been badly hit due to the lockdown
Priyanka Gandhi had earlier tweeted about the woes of the farmers who had to wait for days at the mandis to sell the produce
11. Priyanka Gandhi had also tweeted about the long waiting at the mandis
General Secretary and Incharge of East UP, Priyanka has slammed the BJP government for false claims of farmer welfare
12. Priyanka slammed UP government for false claims