Rahul Gandhi shares PM’s old video on MGNREGA
MGNREGA launched by UPA 2 was much criticised by BJP, today same scheme is being acknowledged by government, Rahul Gandhi has shared an old criticism video of PM Modi and sharply taken a jibe on him
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi took a sharp jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his government's decision to raise the yearly allocation to MGNREGA.
1. Rahul Gandhi takes jibe at PM over MGNREGA
Rahul Gandhi shared an old video clip in which the PM is calling the scheme a living monument of the Congress's failure.
2 Rahul Gandhi shared PM's video
(Bite/video of PM)
Rahul Gandhi said congress is grateful to him for understanding the "foresight" behind the MGNREGA and raising the allocation for it.
3. Rahul Gandhi said he is grateful to PM for understanding the 'foresight'
"The Prime Minister has approved increasing by 40,000 crore allocation for the MNREGA scheme, which was started in the UPA era.
4. MNREGA scheme was started in UPA era
We are grateful to him for understanding the foresight behind launching the scheme," he tweeted.
5.Rahul Gandhi highlighted the foresight of congress
On Sunday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled the fifth and final tranche of the Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package
6. FM announced Rs 20 lakh crore package in five tranches
She announced a big boost in spending on the MNREGA scheme which guarantees 100 days of work for people living in rural areas
7. FM announced a big boost in spending on the MGNREGA
It was launched by the UPA-2 government. PM Modi, in an address to parliament in 2015, had criticised the Congress over it.
8. PM had criticised the scheme in 2015
The Congress called the stimulus "hopelessly inadequate", and said it amounts to only 0.91 per cent of the gross domestic product.
9. Congress called the stimulus "hopelessly inadequate"
"In our view, a fiscal stimulus of Rs 1,86,650 crore amounting to barely 0.91 per cent of GDP will be totally inadequate
Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram said
10. Fiscal stimulus amounts to .91% of GDP
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi had also demanded the government to reconsider the package.
11. Rahul Gandhi had asked the PM to reconsider the package