Vikas Dubey encounter: a tragedy of errors, Priyanka demands CBI probe
Just a day after Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi demanded a CBI probe into the Vikas Dubey arrest from Ujjain, he was killed in encounter by police while on his way back to Kanpur in police custody
Just a day after Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi demanded a CBI probe into the Vikas Dubey arrest from Ujjain, he was encountered by the police while on his way back to Kanpur in police custody. The sequence of events has raised serious questions on the UP police and Yogi government
1. Vikas Dubey killed in encounter by UP police, Priyanka Gandhi had demanded CBI probe after Dubey's arrest
Vikas Dubey was being taken to Kanpur by the police on Friday morning from MP where he was arrested, The vehicle toppled on the way and Vikas started firing in the bid to flee, and was then killed l,as told by the police.
2. Police's story around the encounter sounds unconvincing
Priyanka Gandhi had accused the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh of "complete failure" in handling the Kanpur ambush case.
3. BJP government in UP failed completely: Priyanka
Uttar Pradesh gangster Vikas Dubey, accused of killing eight policemen last week, was arrested from a temple in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday morning after a five-day chase across four states.
3. Vikas Dubey was arrested in Ujjain after a five-day chase across four states
The chain of events in the case exposed the chinks in security and hinted at collusion, Priyanka Gandhi said.
4. The chain of events in the case exposed the chinks in security and hinted at collusion
The Congress general secretary in-charge of eastern Uttar Pradesh alleged that "no action" on the part of the police on a three-month-old letter and Vikas Dubey's name not appearing in the list of noted criminals indicated that his strings were attached with top officials.
5. Vikas Dubey had close connection with top officials :Priyanka Gandhi
"The Uttar Pradesh government has completely failed in acting with alacrity in the ghastly Kanpur massacre. Despite an alert, the gangster reaching Ujjain exposes the chinks in security and points to collusion," she said in a tweet in Hindi.
6.Priyanka questioned how the gangster reached Ujjain despite alert
"No action on a three-month-old letter and the name 'Vikas' not included in the list of noted criminals indicate that the strings of this matter are linked to high-ups. The Uttar Pradesh government should conduct a CBI probe to ascertain all facts," Priyanka Gandhi added.
8. The UP government should conduct a CBI probe to bring out the facts: Priyanka
She also accused the BJP government in Uttar Pradesh of “complete failure” in handling the Kanpur ambush case and arresting Dubey, the main accused who fled the State and was arrested from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday morning and then killed in an encounter on Friday
8. The Kanpur ambush case is the complete failure of the UP government:Priyanka Gandhi
In the last five days before Vikas Dubey's encounter two of his close aides were also killed in encounters by the police. The Police claimed to be on alert throughout the state but coukd not spot the criminal.
9. Two of the gangster's aides were also killed in encounter
The case has exposed many senior police officials who rendered help to the criminal and also indicated political connection that made him grow and the way he has been killed has made it clear that he coukd have exposed many politicians.
10 The case has clearly indicated Vikas Dubey's political connection
The dramatic chase by the UP police for Vikas Dubey after the Kanpur massacre and his comfortable arrest and unbelievable encounter has raised many questions about the political nexus in UP
11. The dramatic encounter question the action by the Police and political nexus in UP
Priyanka Gandhi had launched an attack against the UP government over the law and order situation and rise in crime in the state after the Kanpur incident took place.
12. Priyanka Gandhi had launched an attack agianst UP government over deteriorating law and order
Published: 10 Jul 2020, 2:55 PM