Yogi’s ‘thok do’ theory turning UP to land of encounters
Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi has demanded a judicial probe into the whole episode leading to Vikas Dubey’s encounter
Vikas Dubey’s encounter has raised hundreds of questions on the UP government and Police, since the Yogi government came into power the steep rise in encounters has been recorded, making UP to be on the top in the list of states with most encounters, NHRC is probing many of these encounters, Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi has demanded a judicial probe into the whole episode leading to Vikas Dubey’s encounter.
Gangster Vikas Dubey's killing has once again put the spotlight on the steep rise in encounters in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's tenure.
1. Gangster Vikas Dubey's encounter has once again put the spotlight on fake encounters in UP
Dubey was killed in an encounter on July 10 after a police vehicle carrying him from Ujjain to Kanpur had met with an accident and he tried to escape from the spot in Bhauti area, a senior police official said.
2. Dubey was killed in an encounter after dramatic sequence of events.
Since the time Yogi Adityanath came to power in March 2017, the Bharatiya Janata Party and its many supporters have been bestowing fulsome praise for his "handling of crime" but this handling seems to be high on encounters
3. Since Yogi Adityanath came in power, steep rise in encounters has been reported
Uttar Pradesh has seen a spike in encounter killings by police since the advent of the Yogi Adityanath government in 2017. In fact, after assuming the CM's office, Yogi Adityanath declared his intention of making the state crime-free.
4. After assuming the CM's office Yogi Adityanath claimed to make the state crime-free
In an interview in June 2017, Adityanath said, “Agar apradh karenge toh thok diye jayenge (If they commit crimes, they will be hit).”
Later, the UP police announced that the government was allowing district police chiefs to "announce rewards of up to Rs 1 lakh for a team that carries out an encounter."
5. Yogi Adityanath had said "agar apradh karenge toh thok denge"
UP police issued official data to mark the completion of six months of Adityanath’s government in Uttar Pradesh claiming 420 encounters with alleged criminals, killing 15.
6. In first six months of Yogi government, UP police conducted 420 encounters
Ahead of Republic Day in 2019, Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh sent a communique to all district magistrates, asking them to publicise over 3,200 encounters and 79 killings as achievement in the first 16 months of the government.
7. After completeing 16 months in power, Yogi publicised 3,200 encounters and 79 killings as achievement
The official Twitter handle of the Uttar Pradesh Police on December 6, 2019, tweeted, "103 criminals have been killed and 1,859 injured in "5,178 police engagements in the last more than 2 years."
8. UP police has been lauding itself for spiking encounters
Gangster Vikas Dubey's encounter has once again pointed out on the fake encounters in Uttar Pradesh.Many of the encounters are being probed by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
9.Many of these encounters are being probed by NHRC
The Congress demanded a judicial probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge into the entire episode involving Dubey to bring out the truth about those who had granted protection to him and the alleged political-criminal nexus in Uttar Pradesh.
10. Congress has asked for a judicial probe into the entire episode
Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi questioned the state of lawlessness in the state in a tweet and demanded jusdicial probe through a video message
11. Priyanka Gandhi has slammed the UP government for the handling of Vikas Dubey episode
Bite: Priyanka Gandhi-General Secretary- Congress
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, in a tweet in Hindi, asked: "The criminal has been eliminated but what about those who gave protection to him and his crimes?"
12. The criminal has been eliminated but what about those who gave protection to him,asked Priyanka